Monday, June 1, 2009

Rain,a bus, and a chicken

The day I left Saigon, it had been raining for hours. It was seven when I got in the taxi to take me to the local bus station. On the way the road turned into a pool with car getting a under body wash and driver shouting out "Mekong". Though as I was going to see later the Mekong is a different story. Once arriving at the bus station I changed into a small bus, which was going to take me to big bus. Still pouring down like mad I saw all those brave Vietnamese people on there motorbikes just covered with a small piece of raincoat riding bravely through the dirty water road.

When we arrived with the small bus to change to the big bus I had the pleasure of stepping into all this dirty, smelly dark brown something called water and walk through it to get to the big bus which turned out to be also a small bus. So we were sitting like chicken on a bar and surprisingly enough a chicken was also traveling with us. The poor creature was stuck in a plastic bag give the occasional rail against its condition.

The ride through the rain continued for several hours though by the time we reached our destination the rain had stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment