Friday, June 5, 2009

The children of Angkor

While visiting the temples of Angkor always the same thing would happen upon arriving at a new temple: a bunch of very young kids, girls and boys would run to you and try to sell you something. Screaming "one dollar", "one dollar". Some little souvenirs, a necklaces, some postcards, magnets. Stuff of pour quality from poor children. I bought one or two things because I really pitied them. Sometimes I did not buy but gave them all my chewing gum I had left ...

Arriving after the daily monsoon rain at a small and less popular temple I was the first tourist who came after the rain had stopped and I had saw the kids playing just like children play. They played in the puddles of the rain water being just little kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment