Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From Hue to HoiAn or being an easy rider


After a day of sightseeing in Hue that included some pagodas and tombs and a most delicious lunch in a so not tourist place, I decided to change my means of transport. So far I’ve travelled by plain, by train, by bus, by boat but not motorcycle. So I took the offer by a so called easy rider to have a two days ride through the outback of Vietnam away from the tourist tracks.

We started early in the morning with a good breakfast; a banana pancake, coffee for me and for him just a cigarette. This should become a habit through our two days we spent together – me eating and him smoking. We left the big and busy streets and enter narrow and hidden side streets going through village after village. Slowly going higher and higher. After a couple of hours ride I got the surprise of a hidden waterfall. I had a swim at the most enchanted place. Being on the road again I loved the breeze of wind and sun in my face, I had my camera on my knee all time ready for the snapshot …

We made about 180 km on the first day and about 1400 altitude difference. I saw jungle, mountains, people, beauty and poverty, I waved at smiling children, had a power cut while I was having a shower and then again while we were having dinner, I got wet while we crossed a rainfall, I met str5ange Germans with crazy business ideas, I got tired sitting on the motorbike for so may hours and at the end - I was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment