Monday, April 13, 2009

Arriving in Bangkok


After a quite pleasant flight, thanks to Antonio and not Lufthansa, I arrived in Bangkok. Very nice new airport with Palm trees and a camera taking a picture while you enter the country. gosh no finger print, though.
Bangkok is celebrating NEW YEAR for 3 days. So, while all the Christians around the world are celebrating Jesus Christs resurrection and looking for Eastern eggs, the Thai celebrate new year by shooting with water at each other. It's a huge big pool party with plenty of wet t-shirt contests. Besides being drowned in water, I got a nice face wash with white chalk (or something like this) and all the best wishes for new year. I like this party very much, especially because its the first time I get best wishes for new year with 30 degree around me and already being the middle of April ....
Because of the holiday seasons the streets are almost empty, also very pleasant. So, you can actually walk around in Bangkok without risking a pulmonic toxication. Nice. Also I noticed new PINK taxi, very pleasant to the eye and easy yo spot...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anja,

    I was so soaked with a really cold 15 litre eimer of water. I had a good time in bangkok, ko samui and kao lak. I was diving at the similars islands and in the jungle at kao sok.

    Have fun and enjoy yourself!!

    Martin

    ReplyDelete